The Residential Extended Care is a co-creative treatment program .
Here, clientele will slow down on the farm and get into the rhythm of working with the animals, horses, goats, ducks, geese, therapy dogs and cats as well as each other and with staff. This helps the rhythms of their bodies to reset and come back into balance from what was usually a very unhealthy lifestyle that they were living previously. This also engages them empathically and allows reattachment to begin for first themselves and then for others as they go inward and begin to heal.
A Place To Call Home
Rites of Passage clientele will do much of their therapy work on the farm property, but will also go out into wilderness therapy and other therapy outings as well as getting out and practicing what they have learned in the general community. Other outings will occur during the last month of that client’s individual stay, while they are in transition phase and they will be looking for volunteer work or to find a job locally.
This is a new way to look at recovery with a more college-like atmosphere and a core set of group sessions 5 days a week for 3 to 6 months, extra study time on Saturdays and Sundays with new groups and individual work being added in for each client on an individual basis as they become ready to do what they need to for their own unique recovery and moving beyond that into their new way of life when they leave the facility. This allows the maximum benefit for clients while still giving them the needed group sessions and feedback from their own peers as well as the therapy team about how each client is progressing. During the course of the client’s 3 to 6 month treatment experience, you or your loved one will participate in process groups, assignment groups, peer resourcing groups, recovery education groups and individual counseling. Family counseling will be available for additional cost for families who wish this resource.
Diet and Exercise is a vital part of treatment.
Our holistic nutritional program forms the foundation of everything that we do. All clients enjoy exercise every day, riding horses, dancing to the 5 Rhythms, and engaging in yoga exercise and other exercise available on our 40-acre farm facility. In the spring and summer months, clients help build a community garden which will be taken care of by all clients and staff. Healthy food practices are learned on community shopping trips and is an integral part of the healing process.
We are dedicated to helping our clients rebuild all aspects of their health-and their lives. Our passionate staff will help you, or your loved one, to build a foundation for a positive life in recovery.
Our regular program components include:
We offer these kinds of therapies as custom tools for each client:
• Farm Style living with both individual and group room rates
• Individual Testing for each client
• Counseling in Addiction, Nutrition, Mental Health, Trauma, PTSD, OCD, Borderline Personality Disorder, Vocational, Life Coaching, Family/Relationship – including sessions with family members, Primary Counselor/Treatment coordinator, Holistic Health Sessions, as well as Individual Counseling Sessions
• Trauma Renegotiation to eliminate triggers that lead you back into substance abuse situations.
• Equine Assisted psychotherapy sessions – experiential therapy and practice of new skill sets
• Horse Riding Therapy Sessions
• Companion Animal Program (if chosen)
• Nutrition including group sessions on healthy lifestyle, body image, gardening, shopping, cooking
• Exercise (Horse Back Riding, 5 Rhythm Dance, Yoga, Swimming or workout on machines once or twice a week at local recreation center)
• Bio-Feedback Sessions
• EMDR/Tapping Therapy Sessions
• Each Client will be assigned a kindle with most of the program books they will be using in groups as well a specialized material as needed. They will also have access to a computer for writing work if needed.
• Trauma Yoga
• Transpersonal Session work (process art, drumming circles, dream-work, ceremony) • Holistic Health presentations and energy work healing sessions
• Field Trips (Spiritual Retreats, other as determined by staff and clients)
• Mindfulness Therapy
• Relapse Therapy