Semi-private rooms available, the program is open to men and women. LGBTQ friendly.
Learn more about the Residential Therapy Program for adults.
Meals are prepared five evenings a week. Clients cook on their own or in groups the other two nights a week. Cooking lessons and support from the staff is available. Occasionally, we also go out in the afternoon to eat at a local restaurant.
Healthy organic breakfast and lunch ingredients are provided and clients may decide what they want and fix it at that time. We shop regularly and clients can request other items.
We are happy to accommodate dietary restrictions as necessary and will support any dietary plan outlined by a physician.
Seasonal produce and herbs from our gardens and greenhouse is available and clients are encouraged to browse and harvest what is in season.
Service Pets are Welcome
Clients who bring their dogs will need to be able to care for them entirely while they are at the facility. This includes feeding them, cleaning up after them, making sure they have the time with you, and making sure they get enough exercise.
We also have an adjunct companion dog training program. Clients with socialized dogs may apply for this program and have their dogs registered as companion dogs if they go all the way through the program.
We also help clients who wish to have a companion dog to utilize one of our therapy dogs and then if successful with working with that dog, adopt a dog to complete the program with and have that animal registered as well. See the companion dog program page for more information.
We are located outside of Crawford, in Delta County Colorado
On average, there are 246 sunny days per year in Crawford. This is a relatively high-altitude location at 7000'. Western Colorado is a dry region averaging less than 15 inches of precipitation per year. We get an average of 44 inches of snow in the winter and very warm summer days. Spring and fall are especially gorgeous!
Some highlights of the local region:
- Needle Rock Natural Area - Due east of the farm, you can't miss it!
- West Elk Mountains - spectacular Rocky Mountains due east of the farm.
- Black Canyon National Monument - A stunning deep canyon to the south.
- Crawford State Park - right next door a fishing and boating recreation area.
- Gunnison River - world class fishing and rafting.
- North Fork River - a gentle river to the north that provides water for regional farming.
- Grand Mesa - the largest flat top mountain in the world is 30 miles to the north.